Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Getting started

Hello and welcome, fellow WEAVER fans!

My name is Laura, and I'm an American who's been living in Japan for about seven years.  I'm an English to Japanese translator, among other things, but my favorite way to spend my time is by going to concerts.

I first saw and fell in love with WEAVER on May 2nd, 2009, when some friends and I went to a concert at the Nanba Hatch in Osaka to see flumpool and NICO Touches the Walls (GOING UNDER GROUND was also playing that concert).  The opening act was a local indies band called WEAVER, whom we'd never heard of, but I instantly liked them even better than the bands I'd come to see (although I'm still a huge flumpool and NICO fan)!  Since then, my friend E and I have attended about 15 WEAVER concerts, and have watched them grow from a tiny unknown indies band into a major pop sensation in just a year and a half. 

We also follow their career as closely as possible, which is easy enough to do if you live in Japan and speak Japanese, but we've noticed that there's not a whole lot about them online, especially in English, and we'd like to spread the word about WEAVER as much as possible!  We've been running a few WEAVER communities already, which I'll link in just a moment, but perhaps because "weaver" is already a pretty common English word, it's pretty hard to find these communities with a simple internet search.

Which brings me to this blog.  For years I've used livejournal, and I still prefer it for my personal blog and for communities, but I'm hoping to reach a few more people using blogger.  For now I'll mostly be posting the same information here as I already have up in the livejournal community. I'm hoping to create a place for WEAVER fans around the world to get timely and accurate information about WEAVER in English.  Please feel free to comment with any questions or comments!

In the meantime, please check out the existing communities; they've got a lot of archives already, as well as some active members who've posted more information than I could all by myself!

livejournal WEAVER community - So far this community has some of the most English information on WEAVER available online!  Please browse for news and translations, or join for all the content!

facebook WEAVER group - For faster but shorter updates, please join the facebook WEAVER community!  You can find out all the latest WEAVER news as quickly as we can update it!

No comments:

Post a Comment